Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Solange: Losing You


Yesterday was month Eight of the Intragram trial (or is Nine? I'm losing count...) and I slept through the whole thing. The way to go, waking up to find it's all over. As for the whole after palava, trying to have a relaxed attitude, clearing the week of commitments and just rugging up in bed with ipod, thankful to family and friends for making that possible. I'm in need though of some new music to keep things interesting. 
This video by Solange for 'Losing You' I've been meaning to get up here for ages. Filmed in Cape Town, and featuring some of the Le Sapeur community (a subculture originating in the Congo) it walks down that fine line that is exploitation but thankfully, I think, comes out on the right side.

Visually I can't resist it.

4 comments:

Sue said...

I think I still have the 'get-down' tapes we made for our 21st birthdays.

Luna Landing said...

Oh, I'd love to hear them. I still have a tape deck too....

Sue said...

Done - I shall dig them out and we can have a jam.

M blinksell said...

Gr8 clip & art direction! Bestest 2 u wunderJo XXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...